KOSS SP330 & SP540 Headphones
In 1958, John C. Koss invented personal listening with the world’s first commercially available Stereophone. Koss sought to replicate the excitement of a live musical performance. The original SP/3 Stereophone allowed listeners to experience sound as they had never before, bringing them closer to the music they love.
The slim, on-ear SP330 features the all-new Koss PLX30 dynamic elements, tuned for personal listening.
The supra-aural SP330 headphones feature an all-new, angled on-ear D-profile for an extremely accurate fit. The ear-shaped foam cushions which are crafted of memory foam, acoustical fabric and protein leather, create pillow-like comfort on the ears to produce a premier audio coupling experience.
The SP540 features the natural fitting “D-profile” earcup design first featured on the ergonomically designed Koss Pro4AAA. The D-profile, circumaural design of the SP540 is highlighted by a new contour seal with asymmetrical foam that gradually increases in density near the back and bottom of the cups to balance the pressure around the ear, resulting in a perfect acoustical seal and a balanced fit for comfort.
- Client: KOSS
- Technology/Medium: Soldworks, Rhinoceros, Bunkspeed
- Associate Industrial Designer UX/UI/GD for Red Fusion Studios: the design firm KOSS contracted work to for the design phases.
- Created CMF (Color, materials, finish) visuals
- Was the Go-To guy for all things Rendering
- Hosted Visioning sessions with client to discover true nature of the product to be designed.
- Software: Rhino/Solidworks/Pro-E/Creo, Flash, Prototyped UX/UI/IX
- Hardware mockups